Sunday, August 30, 2015

Leave your comments below....

http://goingconcern.com/post/aicpa-taking-your-comments-cpa-exam-now
     Nowadays, everyone wants their opinion to be heard. Some people go to their friends on twitter or Facebook to share their opinion, like me. I enjoy using social media to share stories I find interesting or extremely funny. This leads to people leaving their opinions under my article, in the form of comments.
     Most comments I read on an article I have shared fall in line with my beliefs. For instance, I recently posted a satirical article about Donald Trump's campaign from The Onion. All the comments highlighted the fact this article was satirical, and poked fun at people who seem to support candidates, without listening to what they are actually saying.
     Unlike my outlet of social media, comments on public websites are much more vicious and evil-spirited. For example, the comments section on this article from The Atlantic. People voicing their opinion here were using lots of ethos, but not backing it up with factual evidence. It was more of a reaction to what happened in Old Dominion, and arguments whether this was considered 'news'. All of these comments were aimed at any reader, but were not credible. They were not attempting to prove anything, rather they were trying to get under each other's skin. One reasonable person under the pseudonym 'Blogvader' made a point that would discredit the article, "Fratboys acting stupid isn't newsworthy or shocking". Most commentators were speaking from their hearts, and could not be trusted. They could not provide any facts and therefore did not have a leg up on this article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment